Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mistake on my Part and Another Tidbit

I just noticed today that I had advertised that Part 2 would be coming in June when I have been working under the assumption that I would be releasing it in July.  This means I am a bit behind schedule.  I will be working hard to get the installment finished and ready to go this month and will keep people posted via this blog if the release is going to be changed at all.  I apologize for my error.

Continuing on the theme discussing Faernghul and sorcerers in last week's post, I figured I would provide some background information about magic in general.   There are four schools of magic in Gaelan: Necromancy, Enchantment, Sorcery, and Divination.  Each specializes in a different fundamental power of magic.  Necromancy deals with life energy.  Sorcery deals with elemental force like fire or lightning.  Enchantment deals with raw magical force. Divination deals with using the great Celestial Mirror that separates the world from the Netherworld as told in Ehdren's story, they can use it to see far away places or different times and also to transport themselves through space and time.  As with any kill someone that studies mage-craft will tend to be more proficient in some areas and less so in others.  For instance, Kaden has a natural talent for Necromancy, but tends to struggle with Divination.

I hope this provides a bit of insight on how magic works within Kaden's world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment